Internship opportunity for American students in Russia

Sibelan Forrester sforres1 at SWARTHMORE.EDU
Tue Jan 27 15:52:13 UTC 2009

Dear colleagues,

A former student now with the State Department in Russia asked me to
pass along this invitation for American graduate and undergraduate
students studying abroad in Russia. The American Corners can hold
stationery exhibits or (as described below) host conversation groups in
English or visitors' talks on any topic of interest in American culture
(contemporary movies; the history of jazz; sports - it depends partly on
the interests of the person doing the internship). Please bring this to
the attention of your current and former students.

**********
We invite American study abroad students in Russia to intern at our
American Centers and Corners.  We have 29 such locations around Russia,
and many are eager for volunteers and interns.  An internship at an
American Center or Corner is a fantastic way to learn about US public
diplomacy and a great way to make local friends.  A favorite activity is
running local chat clubs in English, but we also have people dropping by
the Corners all the time to give talks about American holidays, their
home states, politics, etc.  I do these kinds of talks all the time,
will be speaking in Bryansk next week!  You can see a full list of our
Corners and Centers in Russia at <http://www.amcorners.ru>

For more information please reply OFF LIST, or ask your students to
reply, to Geoff Anisman at <embassy at amcorners.ru>

With best wishes,

Sibelan

Sibelan Forrester
Russian/Modern Languages and Literatures
Swarthmore College