Another query for scholars of Tolstoy!

Jan Zielinski zielinski at GMX.CH
Mon Jul 6 20:56:59 UTC 2009

Kathleen Thompson pisze:
> Hello all,
>
> I'm wondering if anyone knows of a more recent translation of Tolstoy's
> "Life" than the Isabel Hapgood translation of 1888? In the original Russian,
> the work was titled "O zhizni", "On Life", but I'm having problems finding a
> more contemporary English version. Any help would be greatly appreciated!
> (Replies off-list, please.)

Hi, Kathleen,

I do not care very much about an English translation of "O zhizni" at
the moment, but, on principle, I would object againts the demand of
off-list replies. Somebody wakes a curiosity, an interest, and
subsequently wants to keep all the answers to him/herself? I would say,
the idea behind SEELANGS is to share.

Best,

Jan Zielinski