Another query for scholars of Tolstoy!

Mon Jul 6 21:07:35 UTC 2009

Jan Zieliński wrote:

> I do not care very much about an English translation of "O zhizni" at
> the moment, but, on principle, I would object against the demand of
> off-list replies. Somebody wakes a curiosity, an interest, and
> subsequently wants to keep all the answers to him/herself? I would say,
> the idea behind SEELANGS is to share.

Hear, hear!

Off-list replies should be reserved for topics beyond the scope of the
list (e.g., details of apartment reservations) or information that must
remain confidential (e.g., home phone numbers).

BTW, Mr. Zieliński, if you want a public discussion, don't force replies
to your private address. ;-) Leave the Reply-To field blank.

Paul B. Gallagher
pbg translations, inc.
http://pbg-translations.com