Grossman: 'V gorode Berdicheve: babies' clothing

Robert Chandler kcf19 at DIAL.PIPEX.COM
Wed Jul 8 21:34:55 UTC 2009

Dear Alina,

No, it is clear that the passage beginning 'Dnyom Beila...' is a flashback.
First we see the 2 women as the man of the house finds them when he comes
back home in the evening; then we are told about the events of the
afternoon.

Thanks to everyone who has responded so far.  I hope to come up with a draft
translation tomorrow!

Vsego dobrogo,

Robert