Chekhov in the works of others - THANK YOU!

Furman, Yelena yfurman at HUMNET.UCLA.EDU
Mon Jul 20 20:12:18 UTC 2009

Thank you much.
Best, Lena

________________________________

From: SEELANGS: Slavic & East European Languages and Literatures list on behalf of Evgeny Steiner
Sent: Sat 7/18/2009 1:40 PM
To: SEELANGS at bama.ua.edu
Subject: Re: [SEELANGS] Chekhov in the works of others - THANK YOU!

One more addition (coming late from Provence):
The marvellous and innovative piece of video art The Lady with the Little
Dog by the director Julij Koltun, set in our days Germany. (Not yet released
but available from the producer - Bildschoen Filmproduktion).

Possibly the book Chekhov Then and Now (ed. by Douglas Clayton) would be of
interest. Inter alia it has my article on Japanese renderings of Chekhov -
like The Cherry Orchard set in the traditional Japan etc.....

On Fri, Jul 17, 2009 at 10:10 PM, Furman, Yelena <yfurman at humnet.ucla.edu>wrote:

> Dear Michael,
> Thank you for that addition to the list.
> Best, Lena

Professor Evgeny Steiner
Senior Research Associate
Sainsbury Institute for the Study of Japanese Arts and Cultures
SOAS, University of London
Brunei Gallery, B401
Russell Square
London WC1H 0XG