Simple Grammar Question

Egbert Fortuin egbertfortuin at HOTMAIL.COM
Fri Jun 19 09:19:26 UTC 2009

With regard to the question of the genitive rule: an interesting recent theoretical analysis of this rule is:

W. Andries van Helden

Vicissitudes of the genitive rule

In: Dutch Contributions to the Fourteenth International Congress Of Slavists, Ohrid: Linguistics (Studies in Slavic and General Linguistics 34). Amsterdam- New York: Rodopi, 2008, 145-216

But I am afraid that the insights from this paper make a straightforward answer to the practical question more difficult, rather than easier.

Best,

Egbert Fortuin