UPDATE: Proposed elimination of Slavic/Russian at FSU

Lisa Ryoko Wakamiya lwakamiy at MAILER.FSU.EDU
Wed Jun 24 16:08:06 UTC 2009

Dear Colleagues,
On 15 April I wrote to SEELANGS with the news that Florida State University
had proposed the elimination of its Slavic program. I can now confirm that
the final budget approved by the University Board of Trustees indicates
that no changes or cuts to the program will be made. The German program has
also been spared any cuts. This is outstanding news for our program and our
field. Thank you for your overwhelming show of support!