Question about Russian customs/traditions

Olga Meerson meersono at GEORGETOWN.EDU
Mon May 11 11:08:53 UTC 2009

> Could anyone tell me if the following is a Russian custom:

When you are a host/guest in a Russian's home, it is considered polite
- when the guest refuses food or drink at least once/twice while being offered
- when the host offers food/drink to the guest at least 3 times, after
refusals, before giving up

Thank you.

Dustin

Dear Dustin,
All three of my American-born and raised children, at least, claim that I keep doing that with (to??) their friends without even thinking about that. The lack of thinking, I presume, is the litmus-test of something typical of a culture  :)
o.m.