Seeking 18th-c Slavic Bibliographer and Book Review Editor

Margaret A Samu margaret.samu at NYU.EDU
Tue May 12 12:04:54 UTC 2009

Professional service opportunity

ECCB Seeks Slavic Bibliographers and Book Review Editor
www.eccb.net

ECCB:  The Eighteenth-Century Current Bibliography is seeking one
"sub-field editor" to manage the Slavic "literatures and languages"
areas of our annual/biannual bibliographical and review publication.  We
would like to find colleagues who could
(i) assemble an annual list of current publications in the
aforementioned specialty areas and
(ii) arrange for a reasonable number of book or essay reviews.

The ideal candidate would do one area herself (such as Russian, Polish,
or Croatian or ...) and recruit colleagues and/or graduate and
undergraduate students to do other areas, if possible.

ECCB is dominated by English literature, and we are striving to be more inclusive of
Slavic literatures and languages. Even one or two book review a year
will be so much better than the current O.

ECCB editors are encouraged to use bibliographical software ("endnote";
can be provided by the publisher).  They receive title- or colophon-page
in each annual volume and are included in editorial and press events
that occur at eighteenth-century conferences around the country.  An
offering of the AMS Press of New York, a leader in the publishing of
long-eighteenth-century studies, ECCB is received at prestigious
academic and research libraries and facilities throughout the world.  It
has been in publication for nearly eighty years.  Any colleague who
might be interested in either of the aforementioned positions should
make contact with ECCB Foreign Languages Field Editor Waltraud
Maierhofer at <waltraud-maierhofer at uiowa.edu

This kind of professional service is usually encouraged and recognized
at the level of Associate professor and above. Sorry, ECCB cannot
provide compensation.

(Announcement originally posted from American Society for Eighteenth-Century Studies)