Dogs in Russian literature

arkadi kliouthanski arkadi65 at HOTMAIL.COM
Tue May 12 02:27:50 UTC 2009

Interesting.

For "come here" Russians (while speaking to their dogs, not to their fellow Russians) use the command "ko mne."

BTW, the first thing coming to my mind in connection to these names in "povelitel'noe naklobebie" is Chekhov's "Predlozhenie." I also think that Gogol mentions such names in "Mertvye dushi" (when Nozdrev brings Chichikov to see his dogs) - if I am not mistaken abote it.

I see absolutely no connection between "Sobakevich doekhal osetra" and his canine family name.