AAASS Event: William Todd's Fiction & Society in the Age of Pushkin

Anne Lounsbery anne.lounsbery at NYU.EDU
Tue Nov 3 16:07:11 UTC 2009

Please join us at AAASS for a discussion of William Mills Todd III's work
and a celebration of his ongoing contributions to the profession. There will
be two roundtables dedicated to this topic, followed by a reception hosted
by Harvard's Slavic Department and the Davis Center for Russian and Eurasian
Studies. Ten roundtable participants-Bill's colleagues, co-authors,
advisees, and graduate students-will discuss the ways in which his
wide-ranging learning, critical acuity, theoretical sophistication and warm
support have moved our field forward over the last thirty years.

When and where:  Friday, Nov. 13, in the Boston Marriott Copley Place (Grand
Ballroom Salon J), 3:00 to 6:45 p.m.:  two back-to-back roundtables
(Fiction, Society, and Ideology, sessions I and II).  The second session
will end early in order to make time for the reception.  For details, please
see AAASS program and below.

 We hope you will join us!

--Susan Mc Reynolds and Anne Lounsbery

Susan McReynolds Oddo
Chair, Slavic Languages and Literatures
Northwestern University
President, North American Dostoevsky Society
Coordinator of the Russian, Eastern European, and Jewish Studies Cluster
1860 Campus Drive 4-113 Crowe Hall
Evanston, Illinois 60208-2163
phone (847) 491-5636
Anne Lounsbery

Associate Professor

Director of Graduate Study

Department of Russian & Slavic Studies

New York University

13-19 University Place, 2nd floor

New York, NY 10003

(212) 998-8674

1) In Honor of William Mills Todd, III: Fiction, Society, Ideology (I):

AAASS Session 7 - 11/13/09 (3:00 p.m.-4:45 p.m., Grand Ballroom Salon J

Participants: Anne Lounsbery, Caryl Emerson, Robert Belknap, Seamas
O'Driscoll, Nancy Ruttenburg, David Powelstock, Justyna Beinek, Edyta
Bojanowska, Robin Miller, Stephanie Sandler

 2) In Honor of William Mills Todd, III: Fiction, Society, Ideology (II):

AAASS Session 8 - 11/13/09 (5:00 p.m.-6:45 p.m.), Grand Ballroom Salon J
(session will end early for RECEPTION in the same room)

Participants: Susan McReynolds, Michael Flier, Jeff Brooks, Katia Dianina,
Gregory Freidin, Tim Harte, Irina Reyfman, Monika Greenleaf