Experience with / Interest in the Nota Bene word processing and reference management software

Gerald McCausland gmmst11 at PITT.EDU
Thu Nov 26 10:21:14 UTC 2009

I began using NotaBene in 1988 and have never looked back. I completely
agree with David Goldfarb's excellent summary of its strengths as well
as of its "downside." To his message I would only add that a world-wide
community of Nota Bene users have been offering each other support (both
technical and moral) in one of the earliest and most remarkable internet
listserve communities that I know of. Other than SEELANGS, it is the
only other mailing list to which I have been subscribed throughout my
academic life. It makes the aforementioned learning curve much easier to
manage.

Another reasonably balanced description of the software package and its
various components can be found at:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nota_Bene_(software)

Best,
	Jerry