commentary to student safety in St Petersburg

Shlomit Gorin shlogo at GMAIL.COM
Fri Nov 27 18:36:03 UTC 2009

With all due respect, we must not forget about the power differential
between whites and people of color.  I have a hard time accepting the
parallel between white Russians' racism towards people of color and racism
by American people of color towards whites given the fact that white people,
in both countries, are the dominant group in positions of power and
privilege.