Reminder: Call for Papers

The Birch thebirchjournal at GMAIL.COM
Fri Oct 9 17:54:52 UTC 2009

Dear all professors,

This is a reminder that the deadline for submitting papers to The Birch is
fast approaching (Oct. 14), so please encourage your undergraduate students
to send any work they have done in your courses! The Birch is the first and
only undergraduate journal for Eastern European and Eurasian culture, is
based at Columbia University, and offers undergraduates a great opportunity
to get published. We want to see your students' work!

(Please also note that The Birch offers quite reasonable ad rates, in case
your department would like to advertise its M.A., study abroad, or summer
language programs to a targeted undergraduate population.)

Thank you,

Rebekah Kim
Editor in Chief
The Birch

*The Birch*: Call for Papers – Fall 2009

*The Birch*, the nation's first and only undergraduate journal for Eastern
European and Eurasian studies, is calling for submissions for its Fall 2009
issue. *The Birch* was founded in 2004 at Columbia University in New York
and originally only included content from Columbia students. Since then, we
have grown to include submissions from over 40 institutions in the U.S., the
UK, and Russia, and have expanded our area of interest from Russia to the
entire post-Soviet region.

*The Birch* is entirely student-run and includes only undergraduate content.
The journal comes out semiannually and consists of three main sections:
Creative Writing, Literary Criticism, and Culture & Affairs, which includes
political essays. We also accept original photography and illustrations.

For the Fall 2009 issue, we ask that all undergraduates submit their work by
the deadline, October 14, 2009. We gladly accept excellent papers written
for classes (please note that the word limit is 2000). E-mail all
submissions to the Editor in Chief, Rebekah Kim, at
thebirchjournal at gmail.com.

Please also visit our Web site (www.thebirchonline.org) and peruse the
interviews, essays, and photography we have featured in the past. Thank you,
and we hope to see your work!

Rebekah Kim
Editor in Chief