CFP: Western Association for Slavic Studies (WASS)

angelina ilieva ilievaa at UCHICAGO.EDU
Fri Oct 9 16:48:15 UTC 2009

Reno, Nevada, April 14-17, 2010

Dear Colleagues,

Plan to join us for the annual Western Association for Slavic
Studies (WASS) conference. This year our host organization,
the Western Social Science Association (WSSA), is holding its
convention in Reno, Nevada, April 14-17, 2010.

We invite proposals for individual papers, complete panels,
and roundtable presentations in all areas of studies on
Eastern Europe, the Balkans, Russia, the former Soviet Union,
and Central Asia. The topics may include any aspect of
economy, politics, and culture with a broad chronological span
from the Middle Ages to present.

Contributions are encouraged from disciplines including (but
not limited to): anthropology, archeology, architecture, arts,
communication, cultural studies, demography, economics,
education, environment, ethnic and minority studies, film,
gender studies, geography, history, international relations,
Jewish studies, law, linguistics, literature, political
science, psychology, religion, sociology, theatre, travel and
tourism.

For more information regarding the conference site,
registration and submitting a proposal, go to our website
http://wssa.asu.edu/conferences and follow the link.
Or, go to the American Association for the Advancement of
Slavic Studies website:
http://www.fas.harvard.edu/~aaass/organizations/wass.html

The deadline for proposals is December 1, 2009. Please include
the following information:
Title of Presentation
Name, Affiliation, and Email Address
Other Authors
Abstract (not to exceed 200 words)

The WASS encourages graduate students to attend the
conference.  The best graduate paper presented will win a $100
prize and will be eligible for the graduate student paper
prize sponsored by the AAASS.

Please feel free to forward this Call to individuals,
institutions, and organizations that may be interested in the
conference.

Sincerely,
Evguenia Davidova, Program Coordinator (2009-2010)
Portland State University,
University Studies Program,
Portland, OR 97207,
Tel: 503-725-8992; Fax: 503-725-5977