Primary Source on Soviet interest in western goods/culture 50s-70s

trubikhina at AOL.COM trubikhina at AOL.COM
Fri Oct 16 17:14:03 UTC 2009

 I don't know if the English translation of this exists. This is a great source on Russian mass culture, however (and it extends beyond the sixties): Alexander Genis and Petr Vail', "60-e. Mir sovetskogo cheloveka" (Ann Arbor, Mich., 1988).
Here's also an article in English:
Harris, Steven E. (Steven Emmett)
"In Search of "Ordinary" Russia: Everyday Life in the NEP, the Thaw, and the Communal Apartment"
in "Kritika: Explorations in Russian and Eurasian History" - Volume 6, Number 3, Summer 2005, pp. 583-614

 Julia

Julia Trubikhina, PhD
Hunter College, CUNY