Leningradskii pochtal'on (was: ISO short Russian poem for beginners)

Robert A. Rothstein rar at SLAVIC.UMASS.EDU
Sun Oct 18 20:30:17 UTC 2009

    The lines about "leningradskii pochtal'on" are indeed from a longer
poem, Samuil Marshak's "Pochta" - see
<http://lukoshko.net/marshak/marsrd14.shtml>.
  Bob Rothstein

P.S. While we're on the subject of Marshak, I don't think anyone has
suggested his "Pro vse na svete: Azbuka v stikhakh i kartinkakh," which
starts with the couplet "Aist s nami prozhil leto, / A zimoi gostil on
gde-to" and ends with "Iagod net kislee kliukvy. / Ia na pamiat' znaiu
bukvy." Students might enjoy a diet of one couplet per day. The site
<http://s-marshak.ru/art/post/sennovsky/sennovsky01.htm> reproduces in
color a set of 28 postcards, each of which has one couplet with an
illustration by B. Sennovskii.