Film dubbing P.S.

Prof Steven P Hill s-hill4 at ILLINOIS.EDU
Mon Oct 19 03:58:49 UTC 2009

Dear colleagues, Kayiatos, Robin:

Just occurs to me that Detfil'm's occasional actress Galina Vodianitskaia (Vodyanitskaya, 1918- ) in her years at that studio may have specialized
as a voice actress i.e., may have specialized in dubbing.  I once interviewed
the famous Detfil'm director Il'ia Frez, who'd begun at Detfil'm as an assistant, including on the famous WW2 film "Zoia" ("Zoya"), in which young Vodianitskaia starred.  Mr Frez may have mentioned about Vodianitskaia's frequent work
in dubbing.  (She was seen ON screen very few times.) -- Steven P Hill,
U. of Illinois.