Film techniques of the 1920s

Anthony Anemone AnemoneA at NEWSCHOOL.EDU
Tue Oct 20 17:49:52 UTC 2009

A former student of mine is producing a short film and has asked me a
question that I can't answer:  her idea is to borrow the visual  style of
Soviet and German silent cinema of the 1920s (e..g., *Metropolis*) and she's
asking for published sources (in English) which discuss the kinds of
lighting/equipment used in the period.

Thanks in advance for any ideas/suggestions,

Tony

--
Anthony Anemone
Chair & Associate Provost of Foreign Languages