Nebraska Symposium

Miluse Saskova-Pierce msaskova-pierce1 at UNLNOTES.UNL.EDU
Thu Oct 22 13:31:40 UTC 2009

Dear colleagues, I am turning to you with information about a Symposium we
are organizing in Nebraska.  We would like to hear papers that demonstrate
the value of cooperation between the Czech and Slovak Lands  and the
Central US, past and present.  Would you help us to spread the call?   For
more information, please, go to www.unl.edu/plains

For those interested, please submit an abstract of 150-200 words with a
brief résumé in a Word document by NOVEMBER 1, 2009. We will entertain
later submissions.  ELECTRONIC SUBMISSION is preferred. Use the Center’s
e-mail address: < cgps at unl.edu > Please state the contact person,
affiliation, address, telephone, and e-mail address in your submission and
indicate in the subject line: 2010 Symposium: CZECH & SLOVAK AMERICANS. If
sending by standard mail, please send two unfolded copies of the abstract
and résumé/curriculum vita. All presenters must register for the symposium
through the website or by mail. Persons whose proposals/abstracts are
accepted will be expected to submit final papers at the conference. Great
Plains Quarterly and Great Plains Research, the Center’s scholarly
journals, have the first right to publish papers presented at the
symposium. I am attaching a copy of the call for papers. Thank you for
your help with our conference.

Mila
Dr. Mila Saskova-Pierce
Other Languages Section Head