Uzbek/Tajik Border

Francoise Rosset frosset at WHEATONMA.EDU
Thu Oct 22 21:14:26 UTC 2009

Have you tried TrekEarth? -- mostly amateur, but you never know.
These are their pictures from Tajikistan. The pictures seem to be
mostly by a few photographers, so you might be able to contact them
and see whether anyone has what you need.

The pictures are not of the border itself, though, just occasionally
from something near the border, and I don't know how near
(e.g. Panjakent and Sughd)

http://www.trekearth.com/gallery/Asia/Tajikistan/
http://www.trekearth.com/gallery/Asia/Tajikistan/page2.htm
http://www.trekearth.com/gallery/Asia/Tajikistan/page5.htm
http://www.trekearth.com/gallery/Asia/Tajikistan/page6.htm
etc.
http://www.trekearth.com/gallery/Asia/Tajikistan/West/Sughd/

> ----- Original Message ----- From: "Josh Wilson" <jwilson at SRAS.ORG>
> Sent: October 21, 2009 3:53 AM
> Subject: Uzbek/Tajik Border
>

>> I've received a request from the BBC - they are looking for
>>high-quality
>> pictures of the Uzbek / Tajik border. (My initial attempt to satiate
>>them
>> with a few I found searching using Russian search terms on Yandex
>>Kartinki
>> were not high enough quality).
>>

>> Does anyone perhaps know of a photographer or reporter in this area
>>that
>> might be able to help? (Or maybe some of you have been there?) I
>>would
>> assume the BBC would be able to pay them for the royalties involved
>>to the
>> photographer.
>>

>> Please respond off list
>>

>> Best,
>>

>> Josh Wilson
>>
>> Assistant Director
>>
>> The School of Russian and Asian Studies
>>
>> Editor in Chief
>>
>> Vestnik, The Journal of Russian and Asian Studies
>>
>> SRAS.org
>>
>> jwilson at sras.org

>>  options, and more.  Visit and bookmark the SEELANGS Web Interface
>>at:
>>                    http://seelangs.home.comcast.net/
>  options, and more.  Visit and bookmark the SEELANGS Web Interface
>at:

Francoise Rosset, Associate Professor
Chair, Russian and Russian Studies
Coordinator, German and Russian