piatiknizhie in English

Elena Ostrovskaya elena.ostrovskaya at GMAIL.COM
Mon Oct 26 14:19:20 UTC 2009

Dear George,

The  term looks exteremely strange in Russian. What it means is exactly what
you say, that is "Pentateuch". I guess you cannot just stretch the English
term, you are right. I would use an explanatory construction, something like
'the five major works by Dostoevsky, sometimes called his "Pentateuch", and
then just use the term.

Regards,
Elena Ostrovskaya