row

Marc Robinson robinso at STOLAF.EDU
Wed Oct 28 12:43:14 UTC 2009

I'm also an American and grew up in a family with little or no higher
education.  For my grandparents and parents, the term "row" was very
common.  And any British blood or influence had already been thinned by five
or six generations in the new world.  I suspect that the usage is indeed
regional.

Marc Robinson
Russian Language and Area Studies
St. Olaf College