Stolen Passport

kristi.groberg at NDSU.EDU kristi.groberg at NDSU.EDU
Fri Oct 30 18:20:19 UTC 2009

A scam with this exact same scenario has been appearing in
facebook--people hack into someone's account and then send this plea to
their friends. Be very suspicious--do NOT send money--at the very most
direct the person to go to the nearest embassy, but otherwise avoid
communication with whoever is generating this information. One of my
friends lost everything in her bank account (which the hacker also
accessed) and several of her friends sent money that of course evaporated
into thin air.  The hacker generating the request is very difficult to
trace, let alone catch. My guess is that this is a fraud. Don't get
involved, SEELANGERS.

Kris Groberg