writing and comprehensibility

Benjamin Rifkin rifkin at TCNJ.EDU
Sat Oct 31 14:09:15 UTC 2009

Apologies - here are the citations:

"Error Gravity: A Critical Review of Research Design." Benjamin Rifkin and F.D. Roberts. Language Learning 45 (1995): 511-537.

"Error Gravity in Learners' Spoken Russian: A Preliminary Study." Benjamin Rifkin. Modern Language Journal 79 (1995): 477-490.

----- Original Message -----
From: "Benjamin Rifkin" <rifkin at TCNJ.EDU>
To: SEELANGS at bama.ua.edu
Sent: Saturday, October 31, 2009 10:00:38 AM GMT -05:00 US/Canada Eastern
Subject: Re: [SEELANGS] writing and comprehensibility

Dear Mako and SEELANGers:

I believe that the research area that you are interested in is generally referred to as "Error Gravity." I do not know of any work in the area of error gravity in the context of student writing in Russian, but you will find works of interest in the bibliography of two articles I published in this area: