Is there a Russian "Survivor" TV show??

Josh Wilson jwilson at SRAS.ORG
Thu Sep 3 15:10:59 UTC 2009

jwilson at sras.org

-----Original Message-----
From: SEELANGS: Slavic & East European Languages and Literatures list
[mailto:SEELANGS at bama.ua.edu] On Behalf Of Paul B. Gallagher
Sent: Thursday, September 03, 2009 6:54 PM
To: SEELANGS at bama.ua.edu
Subject: Re: [SEELANGS] Is there a Russian "Survivor" TV show??

Josh Wilson wrote:

> It is equivalent - even the logo is basically the same.
>
> Only major difference was that they chose the omnipresent Ksenia Sobchak
> host - meaning that any pretence the show tried to make at being serious
> fell pretty hard at least for male viewers...

<http://ru.wikipedia.org/wiki/%D0%9F%D0%BE%D1%81%D0%BB%D0%B5%D0%B4%D0%BD%D0%
B8%D0%B9_%D0%B3%D0%B5%D1%80%D0%BE%D0%B9_%28%D1%80%D0%B5%D0%B0%D0%BB%D0%B8%D1
%82%D0%B8-%D1%88%D0%BE%D1%83%29>

Are you saying she's gorgeous? She's pleasant enough to look at, but I
wouldn't drive my car into a tree if I saw her on the street...

Of course, standards of beauty vary from culture to culture.

Paul B. Gallagher
pbg translations, inc.
http://pbg-translations.com