Scientists in Russian Literature

Stephanie Briggs sdsures at GMAIL.COM
Fri Sep 4 14:48:27 UTC 2009

How about the doctor in "Heart of a Dog"?

Stephanie Briggs

2009/9/4 Muireann Maguire <mm504 at cam.ac.uk>

> Dear all,
>
> I'm doing some groundwork for a future project on the depiction of
> scientists as fictional characters in Russian literature from the late
> Romanov period to the Second World War. I'm also interested in doctors,
> especially those with scientific ambitions (such as Bazarov), and in
> alchemists. The post-1920 period is virtually cluttered with fictional
> scientists (Beliaev's Wagner, Bulgakov's Preobrazhensky, Platonov's
> various,
> etc.), but they are much thinner on the ground before this. I'm hoping that
> the many-times-proven expertise of the Seelangs community can suggest a few
> names. I'm interested in fictional scientists from all periods, in
> principle, but I would be particularly grateful to read your suggestions
> relating to the period 1890-1920.
>
> With gratitude in advance,
>
> Dr Muireann Maguire

~Stephanie D. Briggs, BA (Russian, University of Manitoba, Canada - May
2003)
Honours B.Sc. Psychology Student
The Open University

Spoons, Spoons, Spoons...Find out what they're all about (and find out a
little about me too!)
http://www.butyoudontlooksick.com/the_spoon_theory/

Come have a look at my handmade knitted afghans and scarves!
http://warmochfuzzy.etsy.com/