How do you like your coffee?-krossovki

Alina Israeli aisrael at AMERICAN.EDU
Fri Sep 4 15:42:12 UTC 2009

That got me interested. I just looked through Novye slova i
znachenija 77 through 83 (seven editions), none of them have krossovki.
It seems to me that when all of a sudden in in the wake of the 1984
edition the word massively entered the language they started in a
hurry looking for the very first mention in the press.

AI

On Sep 3, 2009, at 11:28 AM, Michael Berry wrote:

> Novye slova i znacheniya, slovar'-spravochnik po materialam pressy
> i literatury 70-x godov, M., 1984 includes krossovki and quotes an
> example from Sovetskii sport for 29 October 1972...
> Best wishes,
> Mike Berry
> Honorary Senior Research Fellow,
> Centre for Russian and East European Studies,
> University of Birmingham,
> Birmingham B15 2TT

Alina Israeli
Associate Professor of Russian