Grossman: the confusion of tongues (Babel and Babylon)

Penelope Burt burt2151 at COMCAST.NET
Tue Sep 8 19:17:24 UTC 2009

I third it ("Russia came to know itself").
I also wonder, given the reference to the Tower of Babel, whether
"smeshenie(m) in the last line of the third paragraph might be
translated with something a little stronger than "combining"???