Ideological War on Names

Rebecca Jane Stanton rjs19 at COLUMBIA.EDU
Wed Sep 16 01:53:37 UTC 2009

Dear Andrew,

you might check out the proceedings of this conference:
http://proceedings.usu.ru/mag/0063%2801_$01_02-2009%29/a43.pdf
I remember that someone there gave a paper on changing street names,
specifically looking at some of the many cases in which names from
different eras co-exist and as many as five different names may be
recorded on adjacent signs for the same street.  Unfortunately I don't
now remember who it was (but someone else on this list might).  I
imagine there's a reference to it in the proceedings that would help you
track down the scholar in  question.

All the best,
Rebecca Stanton