Fw: Re: [SEELANGS] Suggestions for 20th-century literature survey?

christa kling christa_kling at yahoo.com
Tue Sep 29 16:57:04 UTC 2009

Dear SEELANGS,

I worked for Harcourt on the international side and the college transition did cause some confusion. So, this thread piqued my curiosity. I understand your frustration with finding Kenneth Harper's book. I couldn't find it either.  Let me know if you experience problems getting a hold of it from Thomson / Heinle. I might have contacts there.

If you are open to considering an alternative to Harper, we are publishing a new critical companion, The 20th Century Russian Short Story: A Critical Companion by Lyudmila Parts. When I read her proposal, I thought this would be perfect for survey courses. Each article focuses on a specific short story (subject, themes, structure, etc). Authors range from Chekhov and Bunin to Tolstaya and Pelevin. If you would like to review this title, let me know.

I'll be happy to help locate Harper or send you a review copy of Parts.

Best,
Christa Kling
Academic Studies Press