Who wrote the original of this translated poem?

Robert Chandler kcf19 at DIAL.PIPEX.COM
Thu Apr 1 12:50:16 UTC 2010

Dear all,

Can anyone point me to the original of this?  (I am asking on behalf of a
friend.)

All the best,

Robert

Grass

With understandable humility
A blade of grass is no solo in the grass,
Preferring the indistinct counterpoint
And dissolution in muddled talk.

In a neighbourly way will share
Patches, dew and rain, and wind in the head,
And it conceals, straightening the sprig of mint,
The love affair of love in the grass

When white flies curl
And there'll be nobody to look around at -
One will go out to meet the cold on its own,

As if it were possible not to stoop to the earth,
To stretch to the sky alone,
As if the seeds were not from paradise.

------ End of Forwarded Message