Bibliography of Russian poet Vladimir S. Makanin

Andrej Oelze Andrej.Oelze at STUDIUM.UNI-HAMBURG.DE
Thu Apr 1 14:56:58 UTC 2010

Dear SEELANGers,

I am a young researcher in the field of literary onomastics at the
University of Hamburg (Germany). Currently I am working on an empirical
study on the effects of proper names in literature on the (potential)
reader. Object of this study are the works of Russian writer Vladimir S.
Makanin.

But my problem with Makanin are the years of publication of his works.
Although more or less all works are available in printed anthologies, most
are published without naming the year of origin.

For my study, it plays a decisive role to work only with texts published
within the last 10 to 15 years. Generally the works were first published in
the literary periodicals "Znamya" and "Novyi Mir". That way I could identify
and date around 20 out of 50 Makanin's works. But not more.

My question to you now is whether someone can name a good database that
reliably catalogs Makanin's works with dates of first issue. Or does
someone's own research have carried out such dating or already know a good
source thereof?

I am grateful for every hint and remark you can give me and appreciate your
contributions!

Kind regards from Hamburg (Germany),

Andrej Oelze

Andrej Oelze