Gyula in Hungarian sports

Sandor Foldvari armastus at FREEMAIL.HU
Sat Apr 10 15:40:29 UTC 2010

 No. - Mr. Horn was another person, quite different from Mr. Hegyi.btw,The surname Gyula i.e. Julius in Latin, is quite popular at us.however, the Hungarian word *gyula* was of Hungarian origin,it referred to a high-rank leader in pagan era, a thousand years ago.there is no etymological relation to the Latin Julius but a custom to givean equivalant of the names.sandor

Sandor Foldvari, research fellow; cell-phone 36-30-6709134
Debrecen Univ. Baltic Studies; - home: H-2119 PECEL, P.O.B. 36.
KÉREM, N E LEGYEN BENNE LEVÉLSZÖVEGEM A VÁLASZBAN! Köszönöm.
Please, do NOT include my letter into your reply text. Thanks!