Computer-assisted language learning: activities and techniques?

John Langran john at RUSLAN.CO.UK
Sat Aug 21 07:45:36 UTC 2010

Please try the Ruslan CDRoms, for 32 bit Windows platforms. The first lesson
of the CDRoms for all 3 levels of Ruslan is free at
www.ruslan.co.uk/demos.htm

John Langran
www.ruslan.co.uk

----- Original Message -----
From: "Olga Livshin" <afol at UAA.ALASKA.EDU>
To: <SEELANGS at bama.ua.edu>
Sent: Saturday, August 21, 2010 5:42 AM
Subject: [SEELANGS] Computer-assisted language learning: activities and
techniques?

Dear All,

I am wondering if anyone can suggest resources on (and/or successful
examples of) specific techniques and sample activities for teaching
languages with the student use of computers in the classroom. I will be able
to teach with the use of a language lab at my university this fall, and I'd
like to make this aspect of learning effective for my students.

I am aware of a few different forms of computer-assisted language learning,
as well as some activities (e.g., collaborative writing, "shopping" online,
e-mail pen-pals, talking and chat through Skype or similar software). I
would be interested in knowing how successful these or other activities have
been for others. Small-group activities with the use of commonly used
software (a Web browser, Microsoft Word, and/or Skype) are especially of
interest.

Many thanks for your time!

Best,
Olga Livshin