The problem of audition in language learning

Goloviznin Konstantin kottcoos at mail.ru
Sun Aug 22 10:17:54 UTC 2010

Hello, Paul.

I've been doing on this problem the following. We use in perception three chanals: eyes, ears and the tongue. Then, we can load all this three at the same time with what we like and  get what we need. For example I like songs by "Nirvana". Words in original singing in this songs are difficult to distinguish (even for ears of english-speaking person). But taking printed lyrics of the songs for singing along with the original singer puts all the things to their places.

More effective, IMHO, using plug-ins (like "MiniLyrics") to computer audio-players. At replaying a song it downloads the text of this song from Internet and synchroniously scroll it on the monitor of your computer.

For example, once upon a time I decided to know what Mireille Mathieu sings in her  "Pariser Tango". I started replaying this song in WinAmp, my MiniLyrics told me the text of this not found on the MiniLyrics' site. So I downloaded the plain text of this song from other site to the MiniLyrics' editor, stamped it with time-tags and uploaded to the site of MiniLyrics. After all started this song replaying again and listenned (to the song), saw (the text on the screen) and sang (the song)  - really tasty.

Probably, those tricks can be applied to Korean music.

Lucks in Korean, Konstantin