Fwd: Re: [SEELANGS] OS 10.6 again

Kjetil Rå Hauge k.r.hauge at ILOS.UIO.NO
Tue Aug 24 20:26:31 UTC 2010

Yes, unfortunately, it is too much to dream for. A ".keyboardlayout"
file is actually an XML (= plain text) file - drag it onto TextEdit to
see, and rsrc is someting different. As mentioned earlier in this
thread, you can create a .keyboardlayout kind of resource with Ukelele
(or with a plain text editor or XML editor, if you are comfortable with
that). Easier than starting from scratch is adapting an existing file,
and I do have a ".keyboardlayout" file for Cyrillic that a colleague of
mine made using the keyboard layout of the mentioned .rsrc file. I'll be
happy to send this to anyone who asks for it, but the downside is that
1) it is made for a Norwegian physical keyboard with æøå and stuff (but
the a-z portion is reusable); 2) Bulgarian er goljam is favoured over e
oborotnoe since I am a Bulgarianist and I made it; and 3) my colleague
hasn't bothered to put in the cmd-sequences and neither have I after
using it and swearing at it for several months. I have no idea where one
can find the built-in keylayout files of the Mac, unfortunately, as it
would be much easier for an US user to edit, say, "Russian - Phonetic".

(Apologies for redirecting a private mail to the list, but I firmly
believe in list cooperation.)

--
--- Kjetil Rå Hauge, U. of Oslo
--- tel. +47/22856710, fax +1/5084372444