Mac OS 10.6 and Keyboard Layouts

Benjamin Rifkin rifkin at TCNJ.EDU
Tue Aug 24 23:43:31 UTC 2010

Dear SEELANGers:

Thanks to all, but especially to Kjetil Rå Hauge and Steven Clancy. Their tips pointed me in the right direction: I was able in just a few minutes this evening to edit an existing Russian transliterated keyboard in the .keylayout format into the mapping to which I was accustomed in the old .rsrc layout I used in my previous Mac OS environment. The Ukelele program was easy to use and now my soft sign and my ж are in the right places, respectively.

This is yet another example of how SEELANGers are a great community.

With gratitude,

Ben Rifkin
The College of New Jersey