BA Postdoctoral Fellowships at Durham

HARRINGTON A.K. a.k.harrington at DURHAM.AC.UK
Wed Aug 25 11:10:46 UTC 2010

Dear colleagues

Please pass on the information below to anyone who you think might be interested.

The School of Modern Languages and Cultures at Durham University is keen to support outstanding post-doctoral scholars making applications to the British Academy Postdoctoral Fellowship scheme. The School has a lively research culture across a wide range of periods, cultures and languages. Work is anchored in the School's six constituent departments (Arabic, French, German, Italian, Russian and Hispanic Studies). Our staff are also actively involved in a number of the University’s research institutes and centres, including the Institute for Medieval and Renaissance Studies, the Centre for Seventeenth-Century Studies, and the Durham Centre for Advanced Photography Studies. Within the School, collaborative research is fostered by its Research Groups, designed to encourage intellectual dialogue and interaction around common themes and topoi. Full details of our research activity, and areas of particular strength, can be found here:

http://www.dur.ac.uk/mlac/research/

Details of the BA Postdoctoral Scheme can be found here:

http://www.britac.ac.uk/funding/guide/pdfells.cfm

We would be very pleased to hear from eligible post-doctoral candidates working in relevant subject areas who are considering applying to the Postdoctoral scheme, and would be happy to provide support and guidance in preparing applications. Initial enquiries should be directed to the Director of Research in the School, Dr Edward Welch (e.j.welch at dur.ac.uk). Draft applications should be submitted to the School by Wednesday 22 September in order for internal review and selection processes to be completed in time for the British Academy deadline of Wednesday 6 October.