FW: Stakhanovite

Robert Chandler kcf19 at DIAL.PIPEX.COM
Mon Aug 30 14:32:43 UTC 2010

Dear all,

A novelist-friend has asked me this question:

'In my forthcoming novel someone who has won his factory's shooting contest
is described as a "Stakhanovite marksman." Someone has told me that the
proper usage should be "Voroshilov marksman." Do you know which of the two
is more correct?'

My guess is that it should be Voroshhilov.  But can someone confirm this?

All the best,

Robert