FW: Stakhanovite

Elena Ostrovskaya elena.ostrovskaya at GMAIL.COM
Mon Aug 30 15:12:58 UTC 2010

Absolutely. Stakhanov was a coal miner who became famous for his record day
result whereas Voroshilov's alleged skill in  marksmanship gave name to a
special award (a pin or a badge) for marksmanship.

This is what Russian wiki says about it:

http://ru.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ворошиловский_стрелок<http://ru.wikipedia.org/wiki/%D0%92%D0%BE%D1%80%D0%BE%D1%88%D0%B8%D0%BB%D0%BE%D0%B2%D1%81%D0%BA%D0%B8%D0%B9_%D1%81%D1%82%D1%80%D0%B5%D0%BB%D0%BE%D0%BA>

Stakhanov, on the other hand can be found in English wiki, too.

Elena Ostrovskaya