Archive file citation conventions?

Avram Lyon ajlyon at GMAIL.COM
Tue Dec 7 14:21:32 UTC 2010

2010/12/7 Paul B. Gallagher <paulbg at pbg-translations.com>:
> Can anyone tell me whether there are standard renditions for these codes (my
> archive document cites this source from a student record):
>
> Оп. 7Л. Св. 469, Д. 3416а, Л. 1–24.
>
> I assume, for example, that "Л. 1–24" is "pp. 1–24," but I'm not sure how
> best to render the others.
>
> Votes for straight transliteration will also be considered if you can
> justify that position.

My translations of the parts are: finding aid, volume/collection, item, leaf.
In academic writing in Slavic, these would generally be
transliterated. If you translate, note that лист [list] is not a page,
but rather a leaf with an obverse and reverse. Happily, that means
that transliteration and translation are equivalent for at least one
of the elements.

Regards,

Avram Lyon