Russian visa query

anne marie devlin anne_mariedevlin at HOTMAIL.COM
Thu Dec 9 15:12:58 UTC 2010

An American friend of mine tried to get a Russian visa here in Ireland.  He was called in for an interview which subsequently led to one not being issued.  He was able to go to London and obtain a visa through an agency there.  It's a bit of a risk.  I was once stuck in Tallinn for a few weeks while faxes were exchanged between the embassy and the organisation inviting me before they agreed to let me in.  This involved constant pleading with consular officials.
The best solution is probably to go through a visa agency.  It'll cost more, but will be worth it.
AM