Gloom and wit in Russian literature (WAS "one more interview about Grossman")

Lewis B. Sckolnick info at RUNANYWHERE.COM
Sun Dec 12 16:17:46 UTC 2010

A much better translation of Zhivago could have been done by Pasternak's
friend George Reavey but he was passed over for the experts. A short cut
of what Reavey's translation would have been like was printed in 1959.
That cut was rewritten in the final version of DZ and what was a
detailed four pages is less than one page in DZ as we now know it.

Lewis