Lemmatized Concordance

URAI Yasuo urai at LET.HOKUDAI.AC.JP
Fri Dec 17 06:45:48 UTC 2010

Dear Colleagues,

I am Professor of Russian and Slavic languages of Hokkaido University in Japan.
I am  concerned with the lexical and stylistic development that occurred in
the Russian literary language during the prose formation period. In this
framework, 4 lemmatized concordances of the mentioned literary works have
been compiled and mailed to the main world libraries and to an unspecified
number of university libraries.

In a lemmatized concordance, all word forms used in the analyzed text are
presented as variants of individual lexical items together with their right
and left contexts ( the nominative case for the noun and the adjective, the
infinitive for the verb, etc.).
For example, under the lexical item 'byt' all word forms like "est', sut',
byl, byla ---, budu, budesh' ・・・, bud', byv " , etc., are juxtaposed.

Although these concordances have been prepared for the purpose of
linguistic research, they can be of use also to a wide range of users who
are involved in the area of literature and history, or with the practical
use of language.

Only a few copies of the following concordances remain now at hand. I would
like to present these books to any applicant who intends to extend the
amount and scope of research materials in his office.

Y. URAI, A Lemmatized Concordance to "A Journey from Petersburg to Moscow"
by A. N. Radishchev, Sapporo, 1998, xiv + 713pp.
20 copies remain.

Y. URAI, A Lemmatized Concordance to the "Letters of A Russian Traveler" by
N. M. Karamzin, I II., Sapporo, 2000, xix + 1375pp.
6 copies remain.

Y. URAI, A Lemmatized Concordance to "the Prose Works by A. S. Pushkin:
PETER THE GREAT'S BLACKMOOR, THE TALES OF BELKIN and THE QUEEN OF SPADES",
Sapporo, 2002, xv+ 437pp.
2 copies remain.

Any person who is interested in these concordances may send his or her mail
address direct to me. I will deliver the concordance in which you are
interested to you by sea mail, unless it is out of stock.

My e-mail address is: urai at let.hokudai.ac.jp .

Yasuo URAI