a petition about the Samara Literary Museum

Rossen Djagalov rossen.djagalov at YALE.EDU
Sat Dec 18 02:08:15 UTC 2010

Dear Colleagues,

Russian friends of mine have written to me about an unfortunate turn of
events at the Samara Literary Museum (dedicated to the lives and works of
A. N. Tolstoy and M. Gorky) and asked me to publicize their cause.

As the following petition to Mayor Azarov explains in greater detail
(http://pantheon.yale.edu/~rld35/petition.doc), under its new leadership,
the museum has transformed itself from a scholarly institution and
the major venue for Samara's literary and philological life
into a site for diverse business initiatives and "projects" that have
precious little to do with literature.

If this is of concern to you, could you send your name and affiliation to
Mikhail Perepelkin, one of the petitition's organizers: mperepelkin at mail.ru.

Thank you,
Rossen