Google's Ngram Viewer

Anne Fisher anne.o.fisher at GMAIL.COM
Sat Dec 18 23:19:29 UTC 2010

This is fascinating. Thank you, Steve. Interesting that срам (sram),
according to this, seems to have boomed in popularity in the post-1917
years... and oddly enough, шлюха (shliukha) - excuse me - seems to have been
in 100% of the books around 1995? Any statisticians out there who can give
the background to these figures (i.e. how much we can rely on the graphs'
alluring visuals)?

On Sat, Dec 18, 2010 at 6:26 AM, Steve Marder <asured at verizon.net> wrote:

> A new Google initiative may be of interest to some SEELANGS followers and
> researchers:
>
> In theory:
>
> http://tinyurl.com/2wjc6p7
>
> http://tinyurl.com/2dod469