CfP: The Birch

The Birch thebirchjournal at GMAIL.COM
Mon Feb 8 06:37:19 UTC 2010

Dear all,

Please distribute the following call for papers to your undergraduate
students. If you are interested in advertising or linking your site to ours,
see the message below and e-mail thebirchjournal at gmail.com. Also please stop
by our updated Web site (www.thebirchonline.org) to see the Winter 2009
issue.

Thank you,

Rebekah Kim

Editor in Chief

The Birch

-------------------

The Birch: Call for Papers – Spring 2010

The Birch, the nation's first and only undergraduate journal for Eastern
European and Eurasian studies, is calling for submissions for its Spring
2010 issue. The Birch was founded in 2004 at Columbia University in New York
and originally only included content from Columbia students. Since then, we
have grown to include submissions from over 40 institutions in the U.S., the
UK, and Russia, and we have expanded our area of interest from Russia to the
entire post-Soviet region.

The Birch is entirely student-run and includes only exceptional
undergraduate content. The journal comes out semiannually and consists of
three main sections: Creative Writing, Literary Criticism, and Culture &
Politics. We also accept original photography and illustrations.

The deadline for submissions is Feb. 24, 2010. We gladly accept papers
written for classes. The word limit is 2500. E-mail all submissions to
thebirchjournal at gmail.com.

Please visit our Web site at www.thebirchonline.org to see past issues, and
stop by our new blog (www.thebirchjournal.blogspot.com) to read about events
happening at Columbia and in New York City. Thank you, and we hope to see
your work!

Do you have an upcoming symposium or lecture series? A forthcoming book? Do
you want to attract students to your summer courses or language programs? If
you are interested in advertising in The Birch, see our Web site for our
very reasonable ad rates.

Let’s link up! If you would like us to add your link to the Birch site,
please e-mail thebirchjournal at gmail.com.