Potatoes without the skin

Katya Hokanson hokanson at UOREGON.EDU
Sun Feb 7 22:38:41 UTC 2010

I vividly remember some visiting Soviet space physicists that I helped
translate for in the Bay Area in the early 90s -- we took them to a
restaurant that served some kind of home fries, potatoes with the skin
on, and they were very disturbed by the skins being on.  I had never
before thought about it one way or another and I think I tried to
assure them that the potatoes had been thoroughly cleaned first.

Katya Hokanson
University of Oregon