No subject

HARRINGTON A.K. a.k.harrington at DURHAM.AC.UK
Fri Feb 12 12:08:44 UTC 2010

Dear Colleagues

Please draw the Scholarships and Studentships below to the attention of potential graduate students you think may be interested.

All best

Alex Harrington

The School of Modern Languages and Cultures at Durham University is pleased to announce a range of funding opportunities for postgraduate study at MA and PhD level in 2010/11:

1. Eight prestigious Durham Doctoral Studentships are being offered by the Faculty of Arts and Humanities. Durham Doctoral Studentships cover tuition fees, maintenance in line with the national Research Council rate, and a research training support grant, and are available for full- and part-time study.

2. Three AHRC Studentships are being offered by the School under the Block Grant Partnership, including a PhD studentship and a Masters studentship in Translation Studies, and a Masters studentship in Photography Studies. AHRC studentships cover tuition fees and maintenance (for UK students, tuition fees only for EU students) and are available for full- and part-time study.

3. Up to two Doctoral Studentships are being offered by the School of Modern Languages and Cultures. MLAC Doctoral Studentships cover tuition fees and include a stipend and a package of undergraduate teaching.

4. Up to ten MA Scholarships are being offered by the Faculty of Arts and Humanities. MA Scholarships cover tuition fees at the UK/EU rate.

Candidates wishing to be considered for funding must have submitted an online application to the University by 5pm (GMT) on Monday 15 March 2010. Applications received after this time will not be considered for funding. Full details of funding opportunities, eligibility criteria, and the application process can be found on the School's website:

http://www.dur.ac.uk/mlac/postgraduate/postgraduatefunding/ <https://exdurf.dur.ac.uk/exchweb/bin/redir.asp?URL=https://exdurf.dur.ac.uk/exchweb/bin/redir.asp?URL=http://www.dur.ac.uk/mlac/postgraduate/postgraduatefunding/>

The School has research strengths across six languages (Arabic, French, German, Italian, Russian and Spanish) and many historical periods and subject areas. It offers a range of taught MA programmes on a variety of subjects: Medieval and Renaissance Studies, Seventeenth Century Studies, Culture and Difference, the Photographic Image, Arabic-English Translation, and Translation Studies. Full details of its research strengths, and its taught and research programmes, can be found here: http://www.dur.ac.uk/mlac/postgraduate/ <https://exdurf.dur.ac.uk/exchweb/bin/redir.asp?URL=http://www.dur.ac.uk/mlac/postgraduate/>

Queries about funding opportunites and application procedures should be directed to the Director of Research, Dr Alastair Renfrew (alastair.renfrew at durham.ac.uk) or the Director of Postgraduate Research, Dr Edward Welch (e.j.welch at dur.ac.uk <mailto:e.j.welch at dur.ac.uk> )

Best wishes,